Barbell Romanian Deadlift
Barbell Romanian Deadlift Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing forward.
- Place the barbell on the floor in front of you and grip it with an overhand grip, hands shoulder-width apart.
- Keeping your back straight, hinge at the hips and lower the barbell towards the ground, keeping it close to your legs.
- Lower the barbell until you feel a stretch in your hamstrings, then slowly raise it back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Barbell Romanian Deadlift Form & Visual
Barbell Romanian Deadlift Benefits
- Strengthens the posterior chain muscles including the glutes, hamstrings, and lower back
- Improves hip mobility and flexibility
- Increases grip strength and forearm endurance
- Helps to prevent lower back pain and injury
- Can be used as a supplemental exercise for improving deadlift and squat performance
Barbell Romanian Deadlift Muscles Worked
- Erector Spinae