Seated Neck Stretch
This exercise involves sitting in a chair and gently stretching the neck muscles by tilting the head to the side and holding for a few seconds, then repeating on the other side. It can help relieve tension and stiffness in the neck and improve range of motion.
Seated Neck Stretch Instructions
- Sit on a chair with your back straight and your feet flat on the ground.
- Place your right hand on the top of your head and gently pull your head towards your right shoulder.
- Hold the stretch for 15-30 seconds and then release.
- Repeat the stretch on the other side by placing your left hand on the top of your head and gently pulling your head towards your left shoulder.
- Repeat the stretch on both sides for 2-3 sets.
Seated Neck Stretch Form & Visual
Seated Neck Stretch Benefits
- Relieves tension and stiffness in the neck and shoulders
- Improves range of motion in the neck
- Reduces headaches and neck pain
- Can be done anywhere, anytime
- Easy to perform and requires no equipment
Seated Neck Stretch Muscles Worked
- Levator Scapulae
Seated Neck Stretch Variations & Alternatives
- Standing Neck Stretch
- Chin Tucks
- Neck Rolls
- Shoulder Shrugs
- Shoulder Rolls