Forward Flexion Neck Stretch
Forward Flexion Neck Stretch Instructions
- Stand or sit with your back straight and your shoulders relaxed.
- Slowly lower your chin towards your chest, feeling a stretch in the back of your neck.
- Hold the stretch for 15-30 seconds, breathing deeply.
- Slowly lift your head back up to the starting position.
- Repeat the stretch 2-3 times, as needed.
Forward Flexion Neck Stretch Form & Visual
Forward Flexion Neck Stretch Benefits
- Strengthens the quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes
- Improves balance and stability
- Increases flexibility in the hips and legs
- Engages the core muscles for added stability
- Can be modified to target different muscle groups or add resistance
- Can be done with or without weights, making it accessible for all fitness levels
- Helps to improve overall lower body strength and endurance
Forward Flexion Neck Stretch Muscles Worked
- Levator scapulae
Forward Flexion Neck Stretch Variations & Alternatives
- Forward flexion neck stretch
- Chin tucks
- Neck rotations
- Shoulder shrugs
- Upper trapezius stretch