Dumbbell One Arm Incline Chest Press
This exercise involves lying on an incline bench and using one arm to press a dumbbell upwards towards the ceiling, targeting the chest muscles. It is a unilateral exercise, meaning it works one side of the body at a time, and can help improve strength and muscle definition in the chest.
Dumbbell One Arm Incline Chest Press Instructions
- Start by lying on an incline bench with a dumbbell in one hand.
- Place your feet firmly on the ground and keep your back straight.
- Hold the dumbbell with your palm facing forward and your elbow bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Slowly lower the dumbbell towards your chest while keeping your elbow close to your body.
- Pause for a moment when the dumbbell is close to your chest.
- Push the dumbbell back up to the starting position while exhaling.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Switch arms and repeat the exercise with the other arm.
Dumbbell One Arm Incline Chest Press Form & Visual
Dumbbell One Arm Incline Chest Press Benefits
- Targets the chest muscles, specifically the upper portion
- Helps to improve overall chest strength and size
- Engages the core muscles for stability and balance
- Allows for unilateral training, which can help to correct muscle imbalances
- Can be performed with a variety of weight options, making it suitable for all fitness levels
- Provides a different angle of resistance compared to traditional flat bench presses
Dumbbell One Arm Incline Chest Press Muscles Worked
- Pectoralis Major (upper and middle fibers)
- Anterior Deltoid
- Triceps Brachii
- Serratus Anterior
Dumbbell One Arm Incline Chest Press Variations & Alternatives
- Dumbbell One Arm Decline Chest Press
- Dumbbell One Arm Flat Chest Press
- Dumbbell One Arm Floor Press
- Dumbbell One Arm Standing Chest Press
- Dumbbell One Arm Push Up