Barbell Upright Row
Barbell Upright Row Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and grasp the barbell with an overhand grip, hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Hold the barbell in front of your thighs with your arms fully extended.
- Keeping your elbows close to your body, lift the barbell straight up towards your chin, leading with your elbows.
- Pause at the top of the movement, then slowly lower the barbell back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Barbell Upright Row Form & Visual
Barbell Upright Row Benefits
- Targets the shoulders, specifically the deltoids and traps
- Improves shoulder strength and stability
- Can help improve posture by strengthening the upper back muscles
- Engages the biceps and forearms as secondary muscles
- Can be modified with different grip widths to target different areas of the shoulders
Barbell Upright Row Muscles Worked
- Deltoids (shoulders)
- Trapezius (upper back)
- Biceps (front of upper arms)
- Forearms (grip strength)