Barbell Rear Delt Raise
Barbell Rear Delt Raise Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Hold a barbell with an overhand grip, with your hands shoulder-width apart.
- Bring the barbell up to your hips, keeping your elbows slightly bent.
- Slowly lift the barbell up and away from your body, keeping your arms straight and your elbows slightly bent.
- Continue lifting until your arms are parallel to the ground.
- Hold for a moment, then slowly lower the barbell back down to your hips.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Barbell Rear Delt Raise Form & Visual
Barbell Rear Delt Raise Benefits
- Targets the rear deltoid muscles, which are often neglected in traditional shoulder exercises
- Improves posture by strengthening the upper back muscles
- Helps prevent shoulder injuries by improving shoulder stability
- Can be performed with relatively light weights, making it accessible to beginners
- Can be easily modified by changing the angle of the bench or using dumbbells instead of a barbell
Barbell Rear Delt Raise Muscles Worked
- Rear Deltoids
- Rotator Cuff
Barbell Rear Delt Raise Variations & Alternatives
- Dumbbell Rear Delt Raise
- Cable Rear Delt Raise
- Reverse Pec Deck Fly
- Face Pulls
- Bent Over Dumbbell Rear Delt Raise