Band Face Pull
This exercise involves attaching a resistance band to a stable object and pulling the band towards your face while keeping your elbows high and squeezing your shoulder blades together. It targets the upper back and shoulder muscles.
Band Face Pull Instructions
- Attach a resistance band to a sturdy anchor point, such as a pole or door frame, at chest height.
- Grasp the band with both hands, palms facing down and hands shoulder-width apart.
- Step back until the band is taut and your arms are fully extended in front of you.
- Engage your shoulder blades and pull the band towards your face, keeping your elbows high and wide.
- Pause at the top of the movement, squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Slowly release the band back to the starting position, keeping tension in the band throughout the movement.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Band Face Pull Form & Visual
Band Face Pull Benefits
- Targets the upper back, rear shoulders, and rotator cuff muscles
- Improves posture and shoulder mobility
- Helps prevent shoulder injuries
- Can be done with minimal equipment (just a resistance band)
- Can be easily modified for different fitness levels
Band Face Pull Muscles Worked
- Posterior deltoids
- Rotator cuff muscles
Band Face Pull Variations & Alternatives
- Single-arm band face pull
- Band pull-apart
- Band pull-apart with external rotation
- Band pull-apart with overhead press
- Band pull-apart with squat
- Band pull-apart with lunge
- Band pull-apart with bicep curl
- Band pull-apart with tricep extension
- Band pull-apart with lateral raise
- Band pull-apart with front raise