Barbell Wide Grip Upright Row
Barbell Wide Grip Upright Row Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and grasp the barbell with an overhand grip that is wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Hold the barbell in front of your thighs with your arms fully extended and your palms facing down.
- Keeping your elbows higher than your forearms, lift the barbell straight up towards your chin, exhaling as you lift.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement, then slowly lower the barbell back down to the starting position, inhaling as you lower.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Barbell Wide Grip Upright Row Form & Visual
Barbell Wide Grip Upright Row Benefits
- Targets the shoulders, specifically the deltoids and traps
- Improves shoulder mobility and stability
- Strengthens the upper back muscles
- Can help improve posture
- Can be modified to target different areas of the shoulders by adjusting grip width and hand placement
Barbell Wide Grip Upright Row Muscles Worked
- Rotator Cuff
Barbell Wide Grip Upright Row Variations & Alternatives
- Dumbbell Wide Grip Upright Row
- Cable Wide Grip Upright Row
- Smith Machine Wide Grip Upright Row
- Barbell Close Grip Upright Row
- Dumbbell Close Grip Upright Row
- Cable Close Grip Upright Row
- Smith Machine Close Grip Upright Row