Band Upright Row
This exercise involves standing with a resistance band under your feet and pulling the band up towards your chest, keeping your elbows high and close to your body. It primarily targets the muscles in your upper back and shoulders.
Band Upright Row Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a resistance band with both hands, palms facing down.
- Bring the band up towards your chest, keeping your elbows close to your body and squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement, then slowly lower the band back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Band Upright Row Form & Visual
Band Upright Row Benefits
- Targets the upper back muscles, specifically the trapezius and rhomboids
- Improves posture by strengthening the muscles that support the shoulders and spine
- Increases shoulder mobility and flexibility
- Can be done with resistance bands, making it a convenient exercise to do at home or while traveling
- Engages the biceps and forearms as secondary muscles
Band Upright Row Muscles Worked
Band Upright Row Variations & Alternatives
- Single-arm band upright row
- Wide-grip band upright row
- Narrow-grip band upright row
- Reverse-grip band upright row
- Seated band upright row
- Standing band upright row with twist
- Band high pull
- Band face pull