Dumbbell Plank Pass Through
This exercise involves starting in a plank position with dumbbells in each hand. The goal is to pass one dumbbell under your body to the opposite hand while maintaining a stable plank position. This exercise targets the core, shoulders, and arms.
Dumbbell Plank Pass Through Instructions
- Start in a high plank position with your hands on a pair of dumbbells directly under your shoulders.
- Engage your core and glutes to maintain a straight line from your head to your heels.
- Take one dumbbell in your right hand and pass it under your body to your left hand.
- Place the dumbbell on the ground and repeat with the other hand, passing the dumbbell back to your right hand.
- Continue passing the dumbbells back and forth for the desired number of reps or time.
- Make sure to keep your hips stable and avoid twisting or rotating your body.
- To make the exercise more challenging, you can add a push-up between each pass through.
Dumbbell Plank Pass Through Form & Visual
Dumbbell Plank Pass Through Benefits
- Strengthens the core muscles
- Improves shoulder stability and mobility
- Engages the chest, triceps, and back muscles
- Increases overall body stability and balance
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
Dumbbell Plank Pass Through Muscles Worked
- Rectus Abdominis
- Transverse Abdominis
- Erector Spinae
- Shoulder Stabilizers