Transverse Step Up
Transverse Step Up Instructions
- Stand facing a bench or step that is knee height or lower.
- Place your right foot on the bench or step.
- Step up onto the bench or step with your right foot, straightening your right leg and lifting your left foot off the ground.
- Bring your left foot up to the bench or step, so that both feet are on the bench or step.
- Step down with your left foot, returning to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise with your left foot on the bench or step.
- Continue alternating legs for the desired number of repetitions or time.
Transverse Step Up Form & Visual
Transverse Step Up Benefits
- Improves balance and stability
- Strengthens the glutes, quads, and hamstrings
- Increases hip mobility
- Engages the core muscles
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
Transverse Step Up Muscles Worked
- Core muscles