Band Step Up
This exercise involves stepping up onto a raised platform or bench while holding a resistance band. The band is typically anchored to the floor or another stable object and provides resistance as the individual steps up and down. This exercise targets the lower body muscles, particularly the glutes and quadriceps, while also engaging the core and improving balance and stability.
Band Step Up Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Step your right foot out to the side, keeping your left foot in place.
- Bring your left foot to meet your right foot.
- Step your left foot out to the side, keeping your right foot in place.
- Bring your right foot to meet your left foot.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for the desired number of repetitions.
Band Step Up Form & Visual
Band Step Up Benefits
- Strengthens the lower body muscles, including the glutes, quads, and hamstrings
- Improves balance and stability
- Increases cardiovascular endurance
- Can be modified to target different muscle groups by adjusting the height of the step or using different resistance bands
- Low-impact exercise that is easy on the joints
Band Step Up Muscles Worked
- Calf muscles