Band Squat Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing slightly outward.
- Place a resistance band around your thighs, just above your knees.
- Lower yourself into a squat position by bending your knees and pushing your hips back.
- As you lower yourself, push your knees out against the resistance of the band.
- Keep your chest up and your back straight throughout the movement.
- Pause briefly at the bottom of the squat, then push through your heels to stand back up.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Band Squat Form & Visual
Band Squat Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including quads, glutes, hamstrings, and calves
- Increases strength and power in lower body
- Improves balance and stability
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting band resistance or depth of squat
- Can be done with minimal equipment and space
Band Squat Muscles Worked
Band Squat Variations & Alternatives
- Paused band squat
- Band box squat
- Reverse band squat
- Band front squat
- Band hack squat