Band Split Squat
This exercise involves standing with one foot in front of the other and lowering the back knee towards the ground while keeping the front knee bent. Resistance bands can be added to increase the difficulty of the exercise. It primarily targets the quadriceps, glutes, and hamstrings.
Band Split Squat Instructions
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your hands on your hips.
- Take a step forward with your right foot and place the center of a resistance band under your right foot.
- Step your left foot back about 2-3 feet and place the ball of your left foot on the ground.
- Hold the ends of the resistance band in each hand and bring your hands up to shoulder height.
- Bend both knees and lower your body down towards the ground, keeping your back straight and your chest lifted.
- Push through your right heel to stand back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for 10-12 reps on the right side before switching to the left side.
Band Split Squat Form & Visual
Band Split Squat Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including quads, glutes, hamstrings, and calves
- Improves balance and stability
- Increases lower body strength and power
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the resistance band or adding weights
- Engages the core for added abdominal strength and stability
Band Split Squat Muscles Worked