Kneeling Jump Squat
The kneeling jump squat is an explosive lower body exercise that involves starting in a kneeling position and then jumping up into a squat position. This exercise targets the quads, glutes, and hamstrings while also improving power and explosiveness.
Kneeling Jump Squat Instructions
- Start by kneeling on the ground with your feet flat on the floor and your toes pointing forward.
- Place your hands on your hips or behind your head.
- Engage your core and glutes, and then explosively jump up as high as you can.
- As you jump, extend your hips and knees fully.
- Land softly back on the ground in the kneeling position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Kneeling Jump Squat Form & Visual
Kneeling Jump Squat Benefits
- Increases lower body strength and power
- Improves explosive jumping ability
- Engages core muscles for stability and balance
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the depth of the squat and the height of the jump
- Provides a cardiovascular workout
- Can be done with minimal equipment, making it a convenient exercise to do at home or while traveling
Kneeling Jump Squat Muscles Worked
Kneeling Jump Squat Variations & Alternatives
- Single-leg Kneeling Jump Squat
- Weighted Kneeling Jump Squat
- Kneeling Jump Squat with Resistance Band
- Explosive Kneeling Jump Squat
- Alternating Kneeling Jump Squat