Barbell Clean Pull
This exercise involves lifting a barbell from the ground to the shoulders in a quick and explosive motion, without actually performing the full clean movement. It primarily targets the muscles of the back, hips, and legs, and can help improve overall power and explosiveness.
Barbell Clean Pull Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and the barbell on the ground in front of you.
- Bend down and grip the barbell with an overhand grip, hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Engage your core and lift the barbell off the ground, keeping your back straight and your arms extended.
- As you lift the barbell, pull it up towards your chest, keeping your elbows high and your wrists straight.
- Once the barbell reaches chest height, pause for a moment before lowering it back down to the ground in a controlled manner.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Barbell Clean Pull Form & Visual
Barbell Clean Pull Benefits
- Improves explosive power and speed
- Targets the muscles of the posterior chain, including the glutes, hamstrings, and lower back
- Helps to develop proper technique for the full clean exercise
- Increases grip strength and forearm endurance
- Can be used as a warm-up exercise for other lifts
Barbell Clean Pull Muscles Worked
- Erector Spinae