Barbell Hang Clean
This exercise involves lifting a barbell from a hanging position to the shoulders in one fluid motion, using a combination of explosive power and technique. It primarily targets the muscles of the legs, hips, and upper back, while also engaging the core and shoulders.
Barbell Hang Clean Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and the barbell in front of you on the ground.
- Bend down and grip the barbell with your hands shoulder-width apart and your palms facing towards you.
- Stand up, lifting the barbell with your arms straight and your back straight.
- Bend your knees slightly and then explosively jump up, shrugging your shoulders and pulling the barbell up towards your chest.
- As the barbell reaches chest height, quickly drop underneath it and catch it on the front of your shoulders, with your elbows pointing forward.
- Stand up straight with the barbell on your shoulders, then lower it back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Barbell Hang Clean Form & Visual
Barbell Hang Clean Benefits
- Improves explosive power and speed
- Targets multiple muscle groups including the shoulders, back, hips, and legs
- Increases overall strength and muscle mass
- Improves coordination and balance
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
Barbell Hang Clean Muscles Worked
Barbell Hang Clean Variations & Alternatives
- Power Clean
- Hang Power Clean
- Hang Clean and Jerk
- Hang Clean Pull
- Hang Clean High Pull