Resistance Band Split Squat
This exercise involves using a resistance band while performing a split squat. The resistance band adds extra resistance to the movement, making it more challenging and effective for building leg strength and stability.
Resistance Band Split Squat Instructions
- Place a resistance band around your thighs, just above your knees.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and step your left foot back about two feet.
- Keep your chest up and your core engaged as you lower your body down into a lunge position, bending both knees to about 90 degrees.
- Pause for a moment at the bottom of the movement, then push through your front heel to return to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps, then switch legs and repeat on the other side.
Resistance Band Split Squat Form & Visual
Resistance Band Split Squat Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including quadriceps, glutes, hamstrings, and calves
- Improves balance and stability
- Increases lower body strength and power
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting resistance band tension or depth of squat
- Requires minimal equipment and can be done at home or in a gym
Resistance Band Split Squat Muscles Worked
Resistance Band Split Squat Variations & Alternatives
- Resistance Band Bulgarian Split Squat
- Resistance Band Curtsy Lunge
- Resistance Band Reverse Lunge
- Resistance Band Side Lunge
- Resistance Band Walking Lunge