Seated Knee Flexor Stretch
This exercise involves sitting on the floor with one leg straight out in front and the other leg bent with the foot resting on the inner thigh of the straight leg. The individual then leans forward, reaching towards the toes of the straight leg, to stretch the muscles in the back of the thigh.
Seated Knee Flexor Stretch Instructions
- Sit on the floor with your legs straight out in front of you.
- Bend your right knee and bring your heel towards your buttocks.
- Place your right hand on your right ankle and your left hand on your right knee.
- Gently pull your right heel towards your buttocks while pushing your right knee towards the floor.
- Hold the stretch for 15-30 seconds.
- Release the stretch and repeat on the other side.
Seated Knee Flexor Stretch Form & Visual
Seated Knee Flexor Stretch Benefits
- Improves flexibility and range of motion in the hamstrings and lower back
- Reduces the risk of injury in the lower body
- Helps alleviate lower back pain and discomfort
- Can be done anywhere, without any equipment
- Relieves tension and tightness in the muscles
Seated Knee Flexor Stretch Muscles Worked