Weighted Hip Thrusts
This exercise involves lying on your back with your feet on the ground and a weight on your hips. You then lift your hips up towards the ceiling, squeezing your glutes at the top of the movement. This exercise targets the glutes and can help improve hip strength and stability.
Weighted Hip Thrusts Instructions
- Start by sitting on the ground with your back against a bench or step.
- Place a barbell across your hips and hold it in place with your hands.
- Position your feet flat on the ground, hip-width apart.
- Engage your glutes and lift your hips up towards the ceiling, squeezing your glutes at the top of the movement.
- Lower your hips back down to the ground, but don’t let them touch the ground before starting the next repetition.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Weighted Hip Thrusts Form & Visual
Weighted Hip Thrusts Benefits
- Increases upper body strength
- Improves grip strength
- Enhances overall body control and coordination
- Targets multiple muscle groups including chest, back, shoulders, and arms
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the weight or using assistance
- Provides a challenging and rewarding workout
Weighted Hip Thrusts Muscles Worked
- Erector spinae
Weighted Hip Thrusts Variations & Alternatives
- Single-leg weighted hip thrusts
- Barbell hip thrusts
- Banded hip thrusts
- Glute bridge hip thrusts
- Smith machine hip thrusts