Single Leg Hip Thrusts
This exercise involves lying on your back with one foot on the ground and the other leg extended in the air. You then lift your hips up towards the ceiling using the grounded foot as support, engaging your glutes and hamstrings. This exercise helps to strengthen and tone the lower body, particularly the glutes.
Single Leg Hip Thrusts Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Extend one leg straight out in front of you, keeping it hovering just above the ground.
- Place your hands on the ground by your sides for support.
- Engage your glutes and lift your hips up towards the ceiling, keeping your extended leg straight and in line with your body.
- Pause at the top of the movement, then slowly lower your hips back down to the ground.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps, then switch legs and repeat on the other side.
Single Leg Hip Thrusts Form & Visual
Single Leg Hip Thrusts Benefits
- Strengthens glutes, hamstrings, and lower back muscles
- Improves hip stability and balance
- Helps prevent lower back pain and injury
- Increases power and explosiveness in lower body movements
- Can be done with minimal equipment and space
Single Leg Hip Thrusts Muscles Worked
Single Leg Hip Thrusts Variations & Alternatives
- Weighted Single Leg Hip Thrusts
- Single Leg Hip Thrusts with Resistance Bands
- Single Leg Hip Thrusts on a Stability Ball
- Single Leg Hip Thrusts with a Medicine Ball
- Single Leg Hip Thrusts with a Barbell