45 Degrees Back Extension
This exercise involves lying face down on a back extension machine and lifting the upper body up towards the ceiling while keeping the legs and lower body stationary. The goal is to strengthen the muscles in the lower back and improve posture.
45 Degrees Back Extension Instructions
- Start by lying face down on a back extension bench with your feet secured under the footpads and your hands behind your head.
- Engage your glutes and lower back muscles to lift your upper body off the bench, keeping your neck in a neutral position.
- Hold the contraction for a few seconds before slowly lowering your upper body back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
45 Degrees Back Extension Form & Visual
45 Degrees Back Extension Benefits
- Strengthens lower back muscles
- Improves posture
- Reduces risk of lower back pain and injury
- Increases flexibility in the hips and lower back
- Improves overall core stability
45 Degrees Back Extension Muscles Worked
- Erector spinae
- Gluteus maximus
45 Degrees Back Extension Variations & Alternatives
- 30 degrees Back Extension
- 60 degrees Back Extension
- 90 degrees Back Extension
- Weighted Back Extension
- Reverse Hyperextension