Band Back Extension
This exercise involves lying face down on a mat or bench with a resistance band attached to your feet and hands. You then lift your upper and lower body off the ground simultaneously, engaging your lower back muscles. This exercise helps to strengthen and tone the muscles in your lower back.
Band Back Extension Instructions
- Start by lying face down on a mat or flat surface with your legs straight and your arms at your sides.
- Place a resistance band around your lower back, just above your hips, and hold onto the ends of the band with your hands.
- Engage your core and glutes to lift your chest and legs off the ground, keeping your neck in a neutral position.
- Hold the contraction for a few seconds, then slowly lower back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for 10-15 repetitions, or as many as you can do with proper form.
Band Back Extension Form & Visual
Band Back Extension Benefits
- Strengthens lower back muscles
- Improves posture
- Increases flexibility in the spine
- Helps prevent lower back pain
- Engages core muscles for added stability
Band Back Extension Muscles Worked
- Erector spinae
- Gluteus maximus
Band Back Extension Variations & Alternatives
- Single leg band back extension
- Weighted band back extension
- Band back extension with rotation
- Band back extension with row
- Band back extension with bicep curl