Lying Back Extension
Lying Back Extension Instructions
- Start by lying flat on your stomach on a mat or comfortable surface.
- Place your hands behind your head, with your elbows pointing out to the sides.
- Engage your core muscles and lift your chest and upper body off the ground, keeping your neck in a neutral position.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, then slowly lower your upper body back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for several repetitions, focusing on using your back muscles to lift your upper body rather than relying on momentum or your arms.
Lying Back Extension Form & Visual
Lying Back Extension Benefits
- Stretches the calf muscles
- Improves ankle flexibility
- Reduces the risk of injury in the lower leg
- Relieves tightness and soreness in the calves
- Can be done anywhere without any equipment
Lying Back Extension Muscles Worked
- Erector spinae
- Gluteus maximus
Lying Back Extension Variations & Alternatives