Grasshopper Push Up
This exercise involves starting in a plank position and then bringing one knee towards the opposite elbow while simultaneously lowering the body towards the ground. The movement resembles a grasshopper jumping, hence the name. It targets the core, chest, and shoulders.
Grasshopper Push Up Instructions
- Start in a plank position with your hands shoulder-width apart and your feet hip-width apart.
- Bend your elbows and lower your body towards the ground, keeping your core engaged and your back straight.
- As you push back up, jump your feet towards your hands and land in a squat position.
- Jump back to the starting plank position and repeat for the desired number of reps.
Grasshopper Push Up Form & Visual
Grasshopper Push Up Benefits
- Strengthens the chest, shoulders, triceps, and core muscles
- Improves upper body and core stability
- Increases overall body control and coordination
- Engages the glutes and legs for added lower body activation
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
- Provides a challenging and dynamic full body workout
Grasshopper Push Up Muscles Worked
- Chest muscles (pectoralis major and minor)
- Shoulder muscles (deltoids)
- Core muscles (abdominals and obliques)
Grasshopper Push Up Variations & Alternatives
- Grasshopper plank
- Grasshopper push up with knee tuck
- Grasshopper push up with leg lift
- Grasshopper push up with mountain climber
- Grasshopper push up with spider crawl