Dumbbell Svend Press
Dumbbell Svend Press Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand at chest level.
- Press the dumbbells together as hard as you can, engaging your chest muscles.
- Slowly rotate your hands outward, keeping the dumbbells pressed together, until your arms are fully extended.
- Hold for a few seconds, then slowly rotate your hands back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Dumbbell Svend Press Form & Visual
Dumbbell Svend Press Benefits
- Targets the chest, shoulders, and triceps
- Improves upper body strength and muscle definition
- Helps to correct posture by strengthening the upper back muscles
- Can be done with light weights and high reps for a toning effect or heavy weights and low reps for a strength-building effect
- Can be easily modified for different fitness levels and abilities
Dumbbell Svend Press Muscles Worked
- Pectoralis major
- Anterior deltoid
- Triceps brachii
- Rotator cuff muscles
Dumbbell Svend Press Variations & Alternatives
- Dumbbell Svend Press with palms facing down
- Dumbbell Svend Press with palms facing up
- Dumbbell Svend Press with alternating palm positions
- Dumbbell Svend Press with a resistance band
- Dumbbell Svend Press with a stability ball