Rotational Push Up
Rotational Push Up Instructions
- Start in a push up position with your hands shoulder-width apart and your feet hip-width apart.
- Lower your body down towards the ground, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- As you push back up, rotate your body to the left and extend your left arm towards the ceiling.
- Return to the starting position and repeat on the right side.
- Continue alternating sides for the desired number of repetitions.
Rotational Push Up Form & Visual
Rotational Push Up Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including chest, shoulders, triceps, and core
- Improves upper body strength and stability
- Increases range of motion in shoulders and spine
- Engages the obliques and improves rotational strength
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the height of the push up or using a modified plank position
Rotational Push Up Muscles Worked
- Pectoralis major
- Triceps brachii
- Anterior deltoids
- Rectus abdominis
Rotational Push Up Variations & Alternatives
- Single Arm Rotational Push Up
- Decline Rotational Push Up
- Spiderman Rotational Push Up
- Medicine Ball Rotational Push Up
- Plank Rotational Push Up