Dumbbell Seated Hammer Curl
Dumbbell Seated Hammer Curl Instructions
- Start by sitting on a bench with your back straight and your feet flat on the ground.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing each other and your elbows resting on your thighs.
- Slowly curl the dumbbells up towards your shoulders, keeping your elbows stationary and your palms facing each other.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement, squeezing your biceps.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells back down to the starting position, keeping your elbows on your thighs.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Dumbbell Seated Hammer Curl Form & Visual
Dumbbell Seated Hammer Curl Benefits
- Targets the brachialis muscle, which is located underneath the biceps and helps to give the arm a more defined look
- Helps to improve grip strength and forearm development
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional bicep curls
- Can be performed with lighter weights, making it a great exercise for beginners or those with wrist or elbow pain
- Can be easily modified by changing the grip or using different types of dumbbells
Dumbbell Seated Hammer Curl Muscles Worked
- Biceps brachii