Dumbbell Bent Over Reverse Row
This exercise involves holding a dumbbell in each hand and bending over at the waist, then pulling the weights up towards your chest with your elbows pointing outwards. This targets the muscles in your back, shoulders, and arms.
Dumbbell Bent Over Reverse Row Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- Bend your knees slightly and hinge forward at the hips, keeping your back straight.
- Extend your arms straight down towards the ground, palms facing your body.
- Engage your back muscles and pull the dumbbells up towards your chest, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Pause at the top of the movement and squeeze your shoulder blades together.
- Lower the dumbbells back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Dumbbell Bent Over Reverse Row Form & Visual
Dumbbell Bent Over Reverse Row Benefits
- Strengthens the upper back muscles, including the rhomboids, trapezius, and rear deltoids
- Improves posture by pulling the shoulders back and down
- Engages the core muscles for stability and balance
- Targets the biceps and forearms as secondary muscles
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the weight of the dumbbells
Dumbbell Bent Over Reverse Row Muscles Worked
- Latissimus dorsi
- Erector spinae
- Biceps brachii