Exercise Ball Lat Stretch
This exercise involves using an exercise ball to stretch the latissimus dorsi muscles, which are located on the sides of the back. The ball is used to support the body while leaning back and stretching the arms overhead.
Exercise Ball Lat Stretch Instructions
- Start by sitting on an exercise ball with your feet flat on the ground.
- Slowly walk your feet forward, rolling the ball underneath you until your lower back is supported by the ball.
- Place your hands behind your head and gently lean back, allowing your upper back and shoulders to stretch over the ball.
- Hold the stretch for 10-15 seconds, then slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat the stretch for 2-3 sets of 10-15 repetitions.
Exercise Ball Lat Stretch Form & Visual
Exercise Ball Lat Stretch Benefits
- Strengthens hamstrings
- Improves balance and stability
- Engages core muscles
- Increases flexibility in hips and legs
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
Exercise Ball Lat Stretch Muscles Worked
- Latissimus dorsi
- Teres major
Exercise Ball Lat Stretch Variations & Alternatives
- Exercise ball lat stretch
- Standing lat stretch
- Seated lat stretch
- Doorway lat stretch
- Wall lat stretch