Prone Y Raise
Prone Y Raise Instructions
- Start by lying face down on a mat or comfortable surface.
- Extend your arms straight out in front of you, palms facing down.
- Engage your core and glutes to lift your legs and upper body off the ground.
- As you lift, simultaneously raise your arms up towards the ceiling, keeping them straight.
- Hold for a few seconds at the top of the movement, squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Slowly lower your arms and legs back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Prone Y Raise Form & Visual
Prone Y Raise Benefits
- Strengthens upper back muscles
- Improves posture
- Increases shoulder stability
- Engages core muscles
- Improves overall body coordination
Prone Y Raise Muscles Worked
- Erector spinae
- Gluteus maximus
- Posterior deltoids
- Triceps brachii
Prone Y Raise Variations & Alternatives
- Prone T-raise
- Prone Y-raise
- Prone W-raise
- Prone I-raise
- Prone snow angel