Barbell Incline Row
Barbell Incline Row Instructions
- Start by setting up a barbell on an incline bench at a 45-degree angle.
- Stand facing the bench with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Grab the barbell with an overhand grip, hands shoulder-width apart.
- Lean forward and extend your arms, keeping your back straight and your core engaged.
- Slowly pull the barbell towards your chest, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement, squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Lower the barbell back down to the starting position, keeping your back straight and your core engaged.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Barbell Incline Row Form & Visual
Barbell Incline Row Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including the back, shoulders, and arms
- Improves posture and upper body strength
- Increases muscle endurance and overall fitness level
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
- Helps to prevent injuries by strengthening the muscles that support the spine
Barbell Incline Row Muscles Worked
- Rear deltoids
Barbell Incline Row Variations & Alternatives
- Dumbbell Incline Row
- Smith Machine Incline Row
- Cable Incline Row
- Seated Incline Row
- T-Bar Incline Row