Barbell Bent Over Row
This exercise involves standing with a barbell and bending over at the waist, keeping the back straight, and pulling the barbell up towards the chest. It primarily targets the muscles of the back, including the lats, rhomboids, and traps.
Barbell Bent Over Row Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Hold a barbell with an overhand grip, hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Bend forward at the hips, keeping your back straight and your head up.
- Keep your elbows close to your body and pull the barbell up towards your chest.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement, then slowly lower the barbell back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Barbell Bent Over Row Form & Visual
Barbell Bent Over Row Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including the back, shoulders, and arms
- Improves posture and spinal stability
- Increases overall strength and muscle mass
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
- Helps to prevent injury by strengthening the muscles that support the spine
Barbell Bent Over Row Muscles Worked
- Latissimus dorsi
- Erector spinae
- Biceps brachii