Dumbbell One Arm Bent Over Row
This exercise involves holding a dumbbell in one hand and bending over at the waist, then pulling the weight up towards the chest while keeping the elbow close to the body. It primarily targets the back muscles, including the lats and rhomboids.
Dumbbell One Arm Bent Over Row Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in your right hand.
- Bend forward at the waist, keeping your back straight and your left hand resting on your left thigh.
- Bring the dumbbell up towards your chest, keeping your elbow close to your body.
- Lower the dumbbell back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Switch sides and repeat the exercise with your left hand.
Dumbbell One Arm Bent Over Row Form & Visual
Dumbbell One Arm Bent Over Row Benefits
- Targets the triceps muscles for increased strength and definition
- Improves overall arm and shoulder stability
- Can be done with minimal equipment, making it a convenient exercise to do at home or while traveling
- Allows for unilateral training, which can help correct muscle imbalances between the left and right arms
- Engages the core muscles for added stability and balance
Dumbbell One Arm Bent Over Row Muscles Worked
- Latissimus dorsi
- Erector spinae
- Biceps brachii
Dumbbell One Arm Bent Over Row Variations & Alternatives
- dumbbell two-arm bent-over row
- dumbbell renegade row
- dumbbell single-arm row
- barbell bent-over row
- inverted row