Smith Bent Over Row
This exercise involves bending over at the waist with a barbell or dumbbells in hand and pulling them up towards the chest, targeting the muscles in the back and arms. It is commonly used in strength training and bodybuilding programs to build upper body strength and improve posture.
Smith Bent Over Row Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Hold a barbell with an overhand grip, hands shoulder-width apart.
- Bend forward at the hips, keeping your back straight and your head up.
- Lower the barbell towards the ground, keeping it close to your body.
- Pause when the barbell is just below your knees.
- Slowly raise the barbell back up towards your chest, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Pause when the barbell is at chest level.
- Lower the barbell back down towards the ground and repeat for desired number of reps.
Smith Bent Over Row Form & Visual
Smith Bent Over Row Benefits
- Strengthens the back muscles, including the lats, rhomboids, and erector spinae
- Improves posture and spinal alignment
- Increases grip strength
- Engages the core muscles for stability
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
Smith Bent Over Row Muscles Worked
- Latissimus dorsi
- Erector spinae
- Biceps brachii
Smith Bent Over Row Variations & Alternatives
- Smith Machine Bent Over Row
- Bent Over Barbell Row
- Bent Over Dumbbell Row
- Single Arm Dumbbell Row
- T-Bar Row
- Cable Row
- Seated Cable Row
- Inverted Row