Dumbbell Incline Y-raise
Dumbbell Incline Y-raise Instructions
- Start by lying on an incline bench with your chest facing up and your feet firmly planted on the ground.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing down and your arms extended straight out in front of you.
- Slowly raise your arms up and out to the sides, forming a “Y” shape with your body.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement, then slowly lower your arms back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Dumbbell Incline Y-raise Form & Visual
Dumbbell Incline Y-raise Benefits
- Strengthens glutes and hamstrings
- Improves hip mobility and stability
- Targets lower back muscles
- Can help alleviate lower back pain
- Increases overall core strength
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
Dumbbell Incline Y-raise Muscles Worked
- Anterior deltoid
- Medial deltoid
- Upper trapezius
- Rotator cuff muscles
Dumbbell Incline Y-raise Variations & Alternatives
- dumbbell incline T-raise
- dumbbell incline W-raise
- dumbbell incline Y-raise (original exercise)
- dumbbell incline L-raise
- dumbbell incline O-raise