Side Lat Stretch
Side Lat Stretch Instructions
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Reach your right arm up and over your head, bending your torso to the left.
- Place your left hand on your left hip for support.
- Hold the stretch for 15-30 seconds, feeling the stretch along the right side of your body.
- Repeat on the other side, reaching your left arm up and over your head and bending your torso to the right.
Side Lat Stretch Form & Visual
Side Lat Stretch Benefits
- Stretches the muscles in the sides of the torso, including the obliques and lats
- Improves flexibility and range of motion in the upper body
- Can help alleviate tension and tightness in the back and shoulders
- May improve posture and alignment by releasing tension in the muscles that pull the spine out of alignment
- Can be done anywhere, without any equipment
Side Lat Stretch Muscles Worked
- Latissimus dorsi
- Teres major
- Quadratus lumborum
Side Lat Stretch Variations & Alternatives
- Standing Side Lat Stretch
- Seated Side Lat Stretch
- Kneeling Side Lat Stretch
- Side Lat Stretch with Resistance Band
- Side Lat Stretch with Dumbbell
- Side Lat Stretch with Medicine Ball
- Side Lat Stretch with Stability Ball
- Partner Side Lat Stretch