One Arm Lat Stretch
One Arm Lat Stretch Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Extend your right arm straight up towards the ceiling.
- Bend your right elbow and reach your right hand behind your head, placing your palm on the center of your back.
- Use your left hand to gently pull your right elbow towards your left shoulder, feeling a stretch in your right lat muscle.
- Hold the stretch for 15-30 seconds, then release and repeat on the other side.
One Arm Lat Stretch Form & Visual
One Arm Lat Stretch Benefits
- Increases flexibility and range of motion in the latissimus dorsi muscle
- Helps alleviate tension and tightness in the upper back and shoulders
- Improves posture by stretching the muscles that contribute to rounded shoulders
- May help reduce the risk of injury in the upper body during physical activity
- Can be done anywhere without the need for equipment
One Arm Lat Stretch Muscles Worked
- Latissimus dorsi
- Teres major
- Posterior deltoid
One Arm Lat Stretch Variations & Alternatives
- One arm Lat Stretch with resistance band
- One arm Lat Stretch with dumbbell
- One arm Lat Stretch with kettlebell
- One arm Lat Stretch with cable machine
- One arm Lat Stretch with foam roller