Cable Bent Over Row
This exercise involves standing with your feet shoulder-width apart, bending your knees slightly, and leaning forward at the hips while holding a cable attachment with both hands. You then pull the cable towards your chest, squeezing your shoulder blades together, before slowly lowering the weight back down. This exercise targets the muscles in your back, shoulders, and arms.
Cable Bent Over Row Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Hold a cable handle in each hand with your palms facing down.
- Bend forward at the waist, keeping your back straight and your head up.
- Keep your elbows close to your body and pull the cable handles towards your chest.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together at the top of the movement.
- Slowly lower the cable handles back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Cable Bent Over Row Form & Visual
Cable Bent Over Row Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including the back, shoulders, and biceps
- Improves posture and spinal stability
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional bent over rows
- Can be easily modified to increase or decrease resistance
- Helps to develop overall upper body strength and muscle definition
Cable Bent Over Row Muscles Worked
- Latissimus dorsi
- Erector spinae
- Biceps brachii
Cable Bent Over Row Variations & Alternatives
- Single Arm Cable Bent Over Row
- Wide Grip Cable Bent Over Row
- Narrow Grip Cable Bent Over Row
- Reverse Grip Cable Bent Over Row
- Seated Cable Bent Over Row
- Standing Cable Bent Over Row
- High Cable Bent Over Row
- Low Cable Bent Over Row