Cable Standing Row
This exercise involves standing with a cable machine and pulling the cable towards your body while keeping your back straight and engaging your shoulder blades. It primarily targets the muscles in your upper back and shoulders.
Cable Standing Row Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Hold the cable handle with both hands, palms facing down and arms extended in front of you.
- Engage your shoulder blades and pull the cable towards your chest, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement, squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Slowly release the cable back to the starting position, keeping your arms extended.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Cable Standing Row Form & Visual
Cable Standing Row Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including the back, shoulders, and arms
- Improves posture and upper body strength
- Allows for adjustable resistance through cable weight selection
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and abilities
- Provides a low-impact exercise option for those with joint pain or injuries
Cable Standing Row Muscles Worked
Cable Standing Row Variations & Alternatives
- Single Arm Cable Standing Row
- Wide Grip Cable Standing Row
- Narrow Grip Cable Standing Row
- Reverse Grip Cable Standing Row
- Low Cable Standing Row
- High Cable Standing Row
- Alternating Cable Standing Row
- Seated Cable Row