Alternate Lateral Pulldown
Alternate Lateral Pulldown Instructions
- Begin by sitting at a lat pulldown machine and adjusting the knee pad to fit snugly against your thighs.
- Grasp the bar with an overhand grip that is slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Lean back slightly and engage your core muscles to maintain a stable position.
- Exhale and pull the bar down towards your chest, keeping your elbows close to your sides.
- As you pull the bar down, twist your torso to one side and bring your elbow towards your hip.
- Inhale and slowly release the bar back to the starting position while twisting your torso to the opposite side.
- Repeat the exercise for the desired number of repetitions, alternating sides with each repetition.
Alternate Lateral Pulldown Form & Visual
Alternate Lateral Pulldown Benefits
- Strengthens the lower abdominal muscles
- Improves core stability and balance
- Helps to reduce lower back pain
- Increases flexibility in the hips and lower back
- Can be done anywhere without equipment
Alternate Lateral Pulldown Muscles Worked
- Latissimus dorsi
- Biceps brachii
- Forearm muscles
Alternate Lateral Pulldown Variations & Alternatives
- Close-grip lateral pulldown
- Wide-grip lateral pulldown
- Reverse-grip lateral pulldown
- One-arm lateral pulldown
- Kneeling lateral pulldown