Cable Twisting Standing High Row
This exercise involves standing with a cable machine and twisting your torso while pulling the cable towards your chest in a rowing motion. It targets the back muscles, particularly the latissimus dorsi, and also engages the core and arms.
Cable Twisting Standing High Row Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a cable handle in each hand.
- Extend your arms straight out in front of you, keeping your elbows slightly bent.
- Twist your torso to the right, pulling the cable handle towards your right hip.
- As you twist, lift the cable handle towards your chest, keeping your elbow close to your body.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement, then slowly lower the cable handle back to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement on the left side, twisting your torso to the left and pulling the cable handle towards your left hip.
- Continue alternating sides for the desired number of repetitions.
Cable Twisting Standing High Row Form & Visual
Cable Twisting Standing High Row Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including the back, shoulders, and arms
- Improves posture and upper body strength
- Increases stability and balance
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
- Provides a low-impact workout option
Cable Twisting Standing High Row Muscles Worked
- Latissimus dorsi
Cable Twisting Standing High Row Variations & Alternatives
- Cable Twisting Seated High Row
- Cable Twisting Low Row
- Cable Twisting Single Arm Row
- Cable Twisting Wide Grip Row
- Cable Twisting Close Grip Row