This exercise involves lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground. You then lift your upper body off the ground, curling your shoulders towards your knees, until you reach a 3/4 sitting position. This exercise targets the abdominal muscles.
3/4 Sit-up Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Place your hands behind your head, with your elbows pointing out to the sides.
- Engage your core muscles by pulling your belly button towards your spine.
- Lift your head, shoulders, and upper back off the ground, while keeping your lower back in contact with the ground.
- Exhale as you lift up, and inhale as you lower back down.
- Lower yourself back down to the starting position, but do not let your head touch the ground.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
3/4 Sit-up Form & Visual
3/4 Sit-up Benefits
- Strengthens abdominal muscles
- Improves core stability
- Helps with posture and balance
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
- Requires no equipment
3/4 Sit-up Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Hip flexors