Cable Elevated Row
Cable Elevated Row Instructions
- Attach a cable to a high pulley and select the desired weight.
- Stand facing the cable machine with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Grasp the cable handle with both hands, palms facing each other, and extend your arms in front of you.
- Keeping your back straight and your core engaged, pull the cable towards your chest by retracting your shoulder blades.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement, squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Slowly lower the cable back to the starting position, keeping your arms extended in front of you.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Cable Elevated Row Form & Visual
Cable Elevated Row Benefits
- Targets the upper back muscles, including the rhomboids, trapezius, and rear deltoids
- Improves posture and helps prevent rounded shoulders
- Increases upper body strength and muscle definition
- Can be easily modified to target different areas of the back by adjusting the height of the cable
- Provides a low-impact exercise option for those with joint pain or injuries
Cable Elevated Row Muscles Worked
Cable Elevated Row Variations & Alternatives
- Single Arm Cable Elevated Row
- Wide Grip Cable Elevated Row
- Narrow Grip Cable Elevated Row
- Reverse Grip Cable Elevated Row
- Seated Cable Elevated Row
- Standing Cable Elevated Row
- Resistance Band Elevated Row
- Dumbbell Elevated Row
- Barbell Elevated Row