Cable Single Arm High Row
This exercise involves using a cable machine to perform a single arm high row, which targets the upper back muscles. The movement involves pulling the cable towards the body while keeping the elbow close to the body and squeezing the shoulder blades together at the top of the movement.
Cable Single Arm High Row Instructions
- Attach a cable to a high pulley and select the desired weight.
- Stand facing the cable machine with your feet shoulder-width apart and knees slightly bent.
- Grasp the handle with one hand and step back to create tension in the cable.
- Keep your elbow close to your body and pull the handle towards your chest, squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement and then slowly lower the handle back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions and then switch sides.
Cable Single Arm High Row Form & Visual
Cable Single Arm High Row Benefits
- Targets the upper back muscles, specifically the rhomboids and trapezius
- Improves posture and shoulder stability
- Helps to prevent shoulder injuries
- Can be easily modified to target different areas of the back
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional row exercises
Cable Single Arm High Row Muscles Worked
Cable Single Arm High Row Variations & Alternatives
- Cable Double Arm High Row
- Cable Reverse Grip Single Arm High Row
- Cable Reverse Grip Double Arm High Row
- Cable Wide Grip Single Arm High Row
- Cable Wide Grip Double Arm High Row
- Cable Close Grip Single Arm High Row
- Cable Close Grip Double Arm High Row