Kettlebell Hang Clean
This exercise involves using a kettlebell to perform a hang clean movement, which involves lifting the kettlebell from a hanging position and bringing it up to the chest while keeping the elbows high. It is a full-body exercise that targets the shoulders, back, legs, and core.
Kettlebell Hang Clean Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold the kettlebell in one hand with an overhand grip.
- Let the kettlebell hang down in front of your body.
- Bend your knees slightly and hinge forward at the hips, keeping your back straight.
- As you stand up, pull the kettlebell up towards your shoulder, keeping it close to your body.
- As the kettlebell reaches your shoulder, rotate your wrist so that your palm faces up and the kettlebell rests on the back of your forearm.
- Lower the kettlebell back down to the starting position and repeat for the desired number of reps.
- Switch hands and repeat the exercise with the other arm.
Kettlebell Hang Clean Form & Visual
Kettlebell Hang Clean Benefits
- Improves explosive power and strength in the lower body
- Targets the glutes, hamstrings, quads, and calves
- Engages the core muscles for stability and balance
- Increases cardiovascular endurance
- Enhances grip strength and forearm muscles
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
Kettlebell Hang Clean Muscles Worked
- Lower back
Kettlebell Hang Clean Variations & Alternatives
- Kettlebell Hang Clean and Press
- Kettlebell Hang Clean and Jerk
- Kettlebell Hang Clean and Squat
- Kettlebell Hang Clean and Front Rack Carry
- Kettlebell Hang Clean and Lunge