Barbell Hang Power Clean
This exercise involves lifting a barbell from a hanging position to the shoulders in a powerful motion, using the hips and legs to generate momentum. It is a compound exercise that targets multiple muscle groups, including the legs, back, and shoulders. It is commonly used in weightlifting and CrossFit training.
Barbell Hang Power Clean Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart, with the barbell on the ground in front of you.
- Bend down and grip the barbell with your hands shoulder-width apart, palms facing towards you.
- Keeping your back straight, lift the barbell up to your thighs by extending your knees and hips.
- Next, quickly pull the barbell up towards your shoulders by shrugging your shoulders and bending your elbows.
- As the barbell reaches your shoulders, quickly drop your body underneath it by bending your knees and hips.
- Catch the barbell on the front of your shoulders, with your elbows pointing forward and your hands still gripping the barbell.
- Stand up straight, with the barbell resting on your shoulders.
- Lower the barbell back down to your thighs by bending your knees and hips.
- Finally, lower the barbell back down to the ground by extending your knees and hips.
Barbell Hang Power Clean Form & Visual
Barbell Hang Power Clean Benefits
- Improves explosive power and speed
- Targets multiple muscle groups including the legs, hips, back, and shoulders
- Increases overall strength and muscle mass
- Improves coordination and balance
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
- Can be incorporated into a full body workout routine
Barbell Hang Power Clean Muscles Worked