Dumbbell Push Press
This exercise involves holding dumbbells at shoulder height and then explosively pushing them overhead while simultaneously bending the knees. It primarily targets the shoulders, triceps, and legs.
Dumbbell Push Press Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand at shoulder height, palms facing forward.
- Bend your knees slightly and then explosively push up through your legs, using the momentum to press the dumbbells overhead.
- Lower the dumbbells back down to shoulder height and repeat for the desired number of reps.
- Make sure to keep your core engaged and your back straight throughout the exercise.
Dumbbell Push Press Form & Visual
Dumbbell Push Press Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including shoulders, triceps, and chest
- Improves upper body strength and power
- Increases cardiovascular endurance
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting weight and reps
- Engages core muscles for stability and balance
Dumbbell Push Press Muscles Worked
- Shoulders (deltoids)
- Chest (pectoralis major)
- Core (abdominals and lower back)
- Legs (quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes)
Dumbbell Push Press Variations & Alternatives
- Dumbbell Push Jerk
- Barbell Push Press
- Kettlebell Push Press
- Single Arm Dumbbell Push Press
- Landmine Push Press