Puppy Pose Instructions
- Start on your hands and knees with your wrists directly under your shoulders and your knees directly under your hips.
- Spread your fingers wide and press firmly into your hands to engage your arms.
- As you exhale, tuck your toes and lift your knees off the floor, straightening your legs and pressing your hips up and back into an inverted V-shape.
- Press your heels down toward the floor and lengthen your spine.
- Engage your core muscles and draw your navel in toward your spine.
- Hold the pose for several breaths, then release and return to your starting position.
Puppy Pose Form & Visual
Puppy Pose Benefits
- Stretches the hips, thighs, and spine
- Strengthens the legs and core muscles
- Improves balance and posture
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Increases blood circulation and energy levels
Puppy Pose Muscles Worked
- Lower back
Puppy Pose Variations & Alternatives
- Downward-facing dog
- Upward-facing dog
- Three-legged dog
- Plank pose
- Cobra pose
- Child’s pose
- Warrior I
- Warrior II
- Triangle pose