Dumbbell Incline Hammer Press
Dumbbell Incline Hammer Press Instructions
- Start by lying on an incline bench with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Hold the dumbbells with a neutral grip (palms facing each other) and position them at shoulder level.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells towards your chest while keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Pause for a moment at the bottom of the movement, then press the dumbbells back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Dumbbell Incline Hammer Press Form & Visual
Dumbbell Incline Hammer Press Benefits
- Targets the upper chest muscles, specifically the clavicular head of the pectoralis major
- Engages the triceps and anterior deltoids as secondary muscles
- Improves overall chest strength and size
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional bench press
- Can help correct muscle imbalances between the left and right sides of the chest
- Provides a variation to traditional chest exercises, preventing boredom and plateauing
Dumbbell Incline Hammer Press Muscles Worked
- Chest muscles (pectoralis major and minor)
- Shoulder muscles (anterior deltoids)
- Triceps brachii
Dumbbell Incline Hammer Press Variations & Alternatives
- Dumbbell Incline Press
- Dumbbell Hammer Press
- Incline Dumbbell Hammer Press
- Barbell Incline Hammer Press
- Machine Incline Hammer Press